Fire Alarms During PAAE!

Question: does the fire alarming going off during the South Central Regional PAAE meaning mean stuff was getting done or something else?

The big lesson I learned from PAAE is how hard hosting can be for a regional meeting.  One thing I wouldn't have thought about: food. Like make sure you can feed a small army at a PAAE spring regional event because the State Officers will also be conducting a State Officer Orientation Meeting with FFA Members and talking about the process of becoming a state officer.



Catering is the way to go.  Also charge a fee for students and advisors so you break even on the number that will attend.

Another cool thing I learned is how to schedule rooms after hours.  This is important so that janitors know you are still in the building.  It will be especially useful when considering hosting events during the summer.



The big thing I also learned having this experience is that as a young teacher this could be something that though is important to go too, may be something I don't attend my first couple of years.  I sat during most of the meeting thinking oh my goodness this is a lot and I still have lessons to plan.  I think my first year I am just going to be attending summer meetings.

The highlight of the night was the fire alarm going off.  Here the school musical "over did" the smoke effects and the next thing you know - fire alarms are buzzing.

I enjoyed getting to see friendly faces and being reminded by people that yes there is an end.

To Be Continued . . . 

Comments

  1. George, don't overlook the importance of belonging to PAAE and becoming active as a new and beginning teacher. The connections you make and the networks you form will be invaluable as you start out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weather Complications Make Teaching Challenging in Week Two

See Me After Class: Final Summer Reflection

Individual Learning in a Room of Many Individuals